Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's The Survivor Series (Even Though No-One Knows It)

Anyone remember this?

I am self-described mark for the old school Survivor Series. I remember watching the 1987, 1990 and 1992 ones through Blockbuster (yes I know South Park recently joked about that dinosaur) and 1993 and 1994's live on pay-per view on Thanksgiving Eve Night. I love the dynamic of the Survivor Series matches and I love that for years there would be several Survivor Series matches on each show. Of late the most we saw was in 2006, 8 and 9 when you had three each.

Especially with a three week build, I thought it would be the return of the Survivor Series match. Then we saw this:


I was excited at the possibility of the big talents in a Survivor Series match. Then this happens...


It is safe to say I am entirely let down. I was honestly looking forward to the Survivor Series match (and more) but now the steam is taken away from it. Particularly because now it is Dolph Ziggler leading a team against no-one. I am not happy about it. It is safe to say I am not looking forward to my third favorite event of the year.

So here's what I would do.


Firstly I would keep one match as is: Big Show taking on Sheamus with the World Heavyweight title on the line. I feel that there should be one regular match plus there are not enough guys to fit on a six match show at 5 guys on each team for the male matches. Plus length-wise it would most likely run the ppv too long...

The first Survivor Series match I would have is a diva's 8-woman tag. I would have Diva's Champion Eve captain a team with Aksana, Alicia Fox and Natalya take on team captain Kaitlyn, AJ, Layla and Tamina. In an old throwback I would bring back team names. For Eve's team it would be The Heartbreakers and Kaitlyn's team is The Chick Busters. Not much to describe here.

The next match I would have is the Heath Slater captaining his 3MB buddies Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre with Hunico and Camacho to take on the team of captain Santino Marella, Zack Ryder, Jimmy Uso, Jei Uso and Ted DiBiase. It would The Encore vs. The Cobras. This is basically the lower card guys that would not typically get a shot on a pay-per view but would this time. this match would be the shortest of the men's match.

The next match is kind of predictable. I would have Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton captain teams to face off. Alberto Del Rio would captain the Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil) and the team of Epico and Primo to take on Randy Orton leading Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd. It is The Aristocrats vs. The Vipers.

My next to last Survivor Series match will be controversial match. Dolph Ziggler will captain Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow), David Otunga and JTG to take on John Cena leading WWE World Tag Team champions Team Hell No (Kane & Daniel Bryan), Brodus Clay and Mason Ryan. It is The Show Offs taking on The Chain Gang. Now why would I take two guys that are not on the main shows and slot them in? Here's why, if you look at the roster, there are only a few guys not injured (Alex Riley, Mark Henry and Evan Bourne are still out with injury and Jack Swagger is not active) Of the guys remaining JTG best fits Ziggler's team while Mason Ryan is a guy that you can have as a force for a bit until someone gets the better of him.

Last but not least is the original match, Team Foley vs. Team Punk. I would have WWE Champion CM Punk lead a team with Wade Barrett, The Miz, WWE United States champion Antonio Cesaro and Tensai to take on Mick Foley leading Ryback, WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston, R-Truth and Christian. It The Best In The World taking on Team Foley. (I apologize that I cannot think of a team name for Foley that worked for everyone...)

I honestly think these match-ups will be better than anything else WWE will come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment